Your browser is taken over by a virus called Search.strtpoint.com? You can’t remove Search.strtpoint.com entirely? This post will provide you with a detailed manual removal guide.
The Information of Search.strtpoint.com
As with MySearchPage.net redirect virus, Search.strtpoint.com is a pernicious redirect virus which pretends to be a legitimate search engine. This kind of virus usually comes bundled with some unknown free programs. For this reason, computer users can’t notice the virus’ invasion easily. Once inside, Search.strtpoint.com will target all your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This redirect virus will change your homepage, search provide and other settings without asking your permission. Thus, you are unable to visit websites normally. Each time you open random browser tabs, you are redirected to Search.strtpoint.com.
Besides, this browser hijacker adds many pop-up ads to your web browser which aims at attracting you into third-party websites and helping them collect network traffic. In addition, Search.strtpoint.com adds a bunch of unwanted pop-up advertisements to your browser and search results. At last but not at least, this pernicious browser hijacker takes up a lot of system resources and exposes your system vulnerabilities. All in all, it is not suggested that you keep this Search.strtpoint.com in your system for a long time. Please follow this removal guide below to get rid of Search.strtpoint.com completely.
Search.strtpoint.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Search.strtpoint.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Search.strtpoint.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Search.strtpoint.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Search.strtpoint.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects online habits for further marketing.
5) Search.strtpoint.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and drops sponsored search results.
6) Search.strtpoint.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Search.strtpoint.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.strtpoint.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Search.strtpoint.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.