Your network activities are often interrupted by ads by Hold Page? Where do the ads come from? Please read this post if you want to clean up the pop-ups.
The Information of Hold Page
Similar to GeekBuddy Pop-up, Hold Page is yet another unwanted adware program that comes bundled with free programs. You may get this adware program when your PC is carelessly infected with spyware and Trojan horses. Being infected with this adware virus, your browser usability and browsing experience will be slowed down severely. This Hold Page can generate tons of pop-ups to harass you. The pop-ups also claim that you will get coupons, discounts and gifts once you click on them. But the fact is to the contrary. You will be redirected to unknown and notorious shopping websites and other commercial sites.
There you may purchase some fake and inferior products. You cannot get back your money even though you make a complaint. Besides, this Hold Page adware is able to record your purchasing records and payment password. Then, it will make use of the collected data to perform malicious activities. Moreover, the ads by Hold Page can consume a great deal of system resources and lower down the PC performance. So, in order to clean up the ads completely, the best way is to remove Hold Page adware virus from your computer.
Hold Page Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Hold Page Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Hold Page Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) Hold Page Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Hold Page Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Hold Page Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Hold Page Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove Hold Page Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Hold Page process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Hold Page virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.