The system is infected with Gnp.ciopt.net pop-up virus? Receive a lot of unwanted pop-ups on the screen? Cannot browse the web as normal? Don’t worry, this page will do you a favor to completely get rid of Gnp.ciopt.net virus.
What is Gnp.ciopt.net Virus?
Gnp.ciopt.net pop-ups are annoying webpages that ask the victim to download malicious programs. This unwanted website can be classified as a nasty browser hijacker that causes a lot of chaos, inconveniences and even dangers to the compromised PC. It is reported that Gnp.ciopt.net pop-up virus has the ability to change browser settings including home page and search engine settings. After then, you would receive another unfamiliar web page as the start page. When you type key words in the search bar, you could receive a lot of sponsored and unrelated search results. Meanwhile, it could take a lot of time for you to open a desired website or new tab. That is because Gnp.ciopt.net pop-up malware can occupy most of the system resources when running in the background.
Gnp.ciopt.net pop-up virus displays a lot of unwanted windows on your screen to threaten you into downloading program updates. But if you click any link on them, you’ll be led to suspicious web pages with harmful applications and risky viruses like key-find.com redirect virus and Win64/Rovnix.gen!C Trojan virus. In addition, Gnp.ciopt.net malware will drop malicious files to the system and disable the installed security software. In such case, your workstation will be under low security level. What’s worse, Gnp.ciopt.net malware may keep record of your browsing histories and search queries to gather confidential information. The collected data could be sold to web criminals for illegal purposes, which will lead to financial loss and identify theft for you. If you have no idea about how to get rid of Gnp.ciopt.net virus, you can take professional guides below.
Gnp.ciopt.net Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Gnp.ciopt.net Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Gnp.ciopt.net Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Gnp.ciopt.net Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Gnp.ciopt.net Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Gnp.ciopt.net Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Gnp.ciopt.net Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Gnp.ciopt.net Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Gnp.ciopt.net process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Gnp.ciopt.net virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.