7.rotator.widgetmedia.com is regarded as a vicious browser hijacker which pretends to be a legit and useful website to induce users into using it. But this baleful redirect malware will bring a lot of chaos to your operating system once it enters your PC successfully. After intrusion, 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com first injects new files to the Windows registry so that it will be activated every time the workstation is launched. Meanwhile, it hides deep in the system so as to avoid the detection of your antivirus software. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com can slow down the compute operation once it is executed for it takes up a ton of system resources. By modifying the default web browser settings, 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com takes over all your Internet browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Then your home page and search engine will be replaced by this unfamiliar and suspicious domain. Besides, 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus will redirect your search results to certain irrelevant and unknown pages. Meanwhile, it will show up numerous ads on your screen during your web browsing activities. It is highly advised not to click any of the pop-ups for they are usually used by cyber criminals to spread harmful PC viruses. On the other hand, 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com malware will collect your important information for the remote servers for illegal purposes. Thus, it is urgent to remove 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com to prevent further damage.
7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus makes changes to the browser settings.
3. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus replaces the start page and search provider.
4. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus collects your online habits and violates privacy.
5. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus could help other risky viruses to enter inside.
6. 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end 7.rotator.widgetmedia.com process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
5. Delete the following and related system files.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.exe
6. Restart your machine