Trojan.ModifiedUPX is a destructive Trojan which stealthily and quietly attacks any operating system on the world. Usually, this pest is distributed via malicious websites, spam e-mail attachments, contaminated free programs, and other peer-to-peer networks, and so on. Once Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus intrudes into the target computer successfully, it will carry out as many harmful activities as possible. For example, it changes the Windows registry values so as to activate itself automatically on system boot-up. Besides, Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus can spread its malicious scripts to some other major system parts like Windows Task Manager, and antivirus software. As a result, the installed security programs cannot protect the machine well while you are unable to start the Task Manager to stop certain malicious processes. Meanwhile, Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus can download additional viruses like adware, browser hijackers and malware. Under such circumstance, your workstation will be messed up seriously. Ads are everywhere and website redirects appears constantly. Furthermore, you may find it really hard to use the workstation. The worst thing is that Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus is used to steal your sensitive information like login user names, passwords, and even bank account data. Thus it is urgent to remove this annoying and risky Trojan before it causes lots of damage.
Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus is a dangerous Trojan virus.
2. Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus could mess up the whole affected Windows system.
3. Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus blocks your antivirus and firewall to cause more vulnerabilities.
4. Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus collects personal data for the distant hackers.
5. Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus introduces other computer viruses.
6. Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus slows down your PC performance and bombards popups.
How to Remove Trojan.ModifiedUPX Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Trojan.ModifiedUPX virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Trojan.ModifiedUPX
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine