Contenko.com is a tricky website which pretends to help computer users surf the Internet more conveniently, safely, and quickly. However, this unknown program is categorized as a malicious browser hijacker which takes over all web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Contenko.com is able to change the default browser setting without seeking any permission. As a result, you will have to use this nasty web page to do the search or surf the Internet. In other words, Contenko.com takes the places of your original start page and search provider. But when you search something on the unfamiliar site, you will receive tons of commercial links in the search results. Besides, your visits like new tabs would be redirected to Contenko.com or random similar sponsored web pages. By doing so, this annoying redirect virus helps its designers to gather more net traffic and gain profit. But meanwhile, you could be led to the installation of additional risky PC viruses like Trojans, spyware, worms and malware. Even, Contenko.com malware changes or deletes your system files to mess up the whole Windows. On the other hand, the computer performance will be made slow. The most horrible thing is that this bug gathers your confidential information for the distant hackers for illicit actions. Contenko.com is not a good thing and you should not hesitate to remove it completely.
Contenko.com Virus Screenshot:
Contenko.com virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Contenko.com virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. Contenko.com virus redirects your visits and causes a lot of pop-ups.
3. Contenko.com virus replaces your home page and search engine.
4. Contenko.com virus collects your online habits and violates privacy.
5. Contenko.com virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Contenko.com virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove Contenko.com Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Contenko.com virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end Contenko.com process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Contenko.com
6. Restart your machine