Fast Search by Surf Canyon is a malicious browser toolbar which can be categorized as a browser hijacker. This unwanted program can be installed onto all web browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Fast Search by Surf Canyon malware will cause many changes to the infected system. For example, it slows up the computer performance seriously especially when you are surfing the Internet. That is because Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus always takes up many system resources. Besides, this nasty redirect virus adds new files to the Windows registry. After then, it executes itself and runs in the background every time the machine is launched. By making some modifications to the browser settings, Fast Search by Surf Canyon malware takes over your Internet browser and takes the places of your home page and search engine. This annoying browser hijacker will then provide you with lots of irrelevant and unwanted commercial links. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus reroutes your visits to some malicious websites on the other hand. That is, you will never get to whatever sites you like. In addition, Fast Search by Surf Canyon injects malicious plug-ins to the browser so as to generate various ads on the desktop when you are browsing the web. Furthermore, this baleful redirect virus can gather your confidential information for the remote servers for illegal activities. Thus, it is necessary and important to remove Fast Search by Surf Canyon redirect virus.
Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus is a risky browser hijacker virus.
2. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus makes changes to browser settings.
3. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus replaces the start page and search engine.
4. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus collects your online habits and violates privacy.
5. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove Fast Search by Surf Canyon Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Fast Search by Surf Canyon virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end Fast Search by Surf Canyon process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
6. Restart your machine