Startpage.com is a newly distributed browser hijacker which would bring much chaos to the affected system and web browser. The main purpose of this annoying virus is to gather your sensitive information like user name, password, and credit card data. Startpage.com malware is able to bypass the installed security tools and intrude in your Windows through junk e-mail attachments, unknown free programs, and suspicious websites, and so on. After successful invasion, Startpage.com redirect first changes the system registry values. By doing so, it will start to carry out harmful activities once the desktop is launched. Besides, this pest makes changes to other system parts like system DNS settings and browser settings. After then, Startpage.com takes over your Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. It replaces your default home page and search provider without seeking for any permission. When doing the search with this unfamiliar website, you will get lots of commercial links instead of useful information. As a redirect virus, Startpage.com reroutes your visits to certain predefined web pages that could contain numerous viruses. It will as well show up tons of ads to disrupt your normal work. Furthermore, the PC performance is made poor while the confidential information would be collected for illegal purposes. Thus, you’d better immediately clean up Startpage.com redirect virus to protect the PC and your privacy.
Startpage.com Virus Screenshot:
Startpage.com virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Startpage.com virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. Startpage.com virus redirects your visits and causes a lot of pop-ups.
3. Startpage.com virus replaces your home page and search engine.
4. Startpage.com virus collects your online habits and violates privacy.
5. Startpage.com virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Startpage.com virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove Startpage.com Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Startpage.com virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end Startpage.com process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Startpage.com
6. Restart your machine