ToomkyGames Toolbar is classified as a malicious browser hijacker which pretends to help computer users download online games more conveniently and easily. However, it will install itself to the web browser without asking for your approval and permission. ToomkyGames Toolbar malware will bring much chaos to the affected web browser. Usually, it will embed start-up files to the Windows registry so as to assure its automatic activation. Disguising as a legit system process, ToomkyGames Toolbar escapes from the detection and deletion of your security programs. It has the ability to modify the default browser settings on the other hand. Then it changes your original start page and search provider to random malicious web pages. Besides, your search results would be rerouted to some unfamiliar and suspicious websites. Under such circumstance, you will be unable to work with the desktop as normal. In addition, ToomkyGames Toolbar redirect slows up the computer performance by occupying lots of system resources. Furthermore, it keeps track of your online actions and gathers some important information like user names, passwords and bank account data. The collected information would be sent to the distant hackers for commercial purposes. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you remove ToomkyGames Toolbar hijacker once you find it.
ToomkyGames Toolbar virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. ToomkyGames Toolbar virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. ToomkyGames Toolbar virus redirects your visits and causes a lot of pop-ups.
3. ToomkyGames Toolbar virus changes your home page and search engine to suspicious sites.
4. ToomkyGames Toolbar virus collects your online habits and violates privacy.
5. ToomkyGames Toolbar virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. ToomkyGames Toolbar virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove ToomkyGames Toolbar Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of ToomkyGames Toolbar virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end ToomkyGames Toolbar process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ToomkyGames Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST\SETTINGS\
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ ToomkyGames Toolbar
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\ToomkyGames Toolbar\Registration.lnk
6. Restart your machine