You often receive the ads from Adfoc.us? What is Adfoc.us? Is it a safe website? This post will provide more detailed information about Adfoc.us and guide you to get rid of it step by step.
The Information of Adfoc.us
Adfoc.us is a malicious website that may come bundled with unknown free programs and potentially unwanted programs. Once your computer suffers from this infection, your browser will automatically redirect you to Adfoc.us. At the same time, a pop-up window will appear and recommend you to download unknown software. In fact, the use of Adfoc.us is to promote anonymous programs. But most of the cases, these third-party programs are not safe to the operating system. Some of them have much similar to adware programs that will generate a bunch of commercial advertisements to mess up your browser settings and browsing activities.
And some of unknown programs may play the role of spy who tracks your online activities and collect your private information without your awareness. Besides, Adfoc.us will make use of browser security vulnerabilities to help remote hackers break into your machine and carry out vicious activities. If your sensitive information like your email address, IP location and online banking details are disclosed, you will probably suffer from loss or unknown troubles. In conclusion, keeping Adfoc.us will damage your Windows system. So, you are highly recommended to remove Adfoc.us as soon as possible.
Adfoc.us Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Adfoc.us Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Adfoc.us Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Adfoc.us Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Adfoc.us Virus keeps track of online activities and collects online habits for further marketing.
5) Adfoc.us Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and drops sponsored search results.
6) Adfoc.us Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Adfoc.us Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Adfoc.us process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Adfoc.us virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.