How does Search.freecause.com come into my computer? Annoying is that the Search.freecause.com replaces my browser homepage and I can’t reset back. Is there anyone can teach me how to deal with the issue?
What is Search.freecause.com?
Search.freecause.com Virus is an infamous computer threat which belongs to the family of browser hijackers and causes various browsing issues that are out of your control. In general, this Search.freecause.com virus can penetrate into your machine unknowingly by many means which include suspicious software packages, junk email attachments, unreliable links, game files downloaded from insecure websites, etc. When this Search.freecause.com virus seizes the opportunity to get inside your computer, it will pretend to be a regular website claiming to provide you with massive online resources such as news, music, images, videos and the like. This Search.freecause.com site will forcibly produce many unwanted advertisements without asking for permission.
And then the web pages you're browsing will be filled up with a large number of pop-up ads and sponsored links, which will distract you seriously and make you so annoyed. And this Search.freecause.com virus will tempt you to click on the pop-up messages with dazzling product images and attractive prices. However, once you click on those pop-ups, you will be redirected to a variety of suspicious websites which may contain other kinds of risky computer threats like Trojans, adware and ransomware. So we strongly recommend you to remove this Search.freecause.com virus at once to keep your computer clean and safe.
Search.freecause.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Search.freecause.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Search.freecause.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Search.freecause.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Search.freecause.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects online habits for further marketing.
5) Search.freecause.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and drops sponsored search results.
6) Search.freecause.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Search.freecause.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.freecause.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Search.freecause.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.