What is Click Caption? Why does it often display pop-up ads on computers? Is it dangerous to install the program into computers? This article will show you what Click Caption is and how to remove it completely.
The Information of Click Caption
Click Caption is categorized as an ad-supported program developed by Delaware LLC. This application can allow you to make searches directly from the current website without navigating away. But the problem is that the program has an annoying trait. It will generate unwanted text-links and pop-up ads when working on IE, Chrome and Firefox. That is to say, the Click Caption will highlight some words and phrases on the current webpage and convert them to link texts. If you click the highlighted words, you will get new pop-up windows containing advertisements and other information.
Once you click on the paid advertisements, some websites in partnership with Click Caption will collect web traffic and get revenue. In return, the sponsored websites will pay for the developers of Click Caption. For making more money, bad people even utilize the Click Caption to monitor you and track your browser histories. Their motivation is to collect your personal details, such as telephone number, email address and online banking account. Afterwards, Click Caption will sell the information to unknown third parties. In order to protect your PC, you should pay attention to avoid Click Caption adware. If you already install the nasty program, please follow the guide below to remove it.
Click Caption Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Click Caption Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Click Caption Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) Click Caption Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Click Caption Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Click Caption Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Click Caption Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove Click Caption Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Click Caption process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Click Caption virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.