I accidentally installed Quiknowledge into my computer a few days ago, but now I don’t know how to uninstall this sick program. Can anyone help me solve the issue?
The Information of Quiknowledge
Quiknowledge is a potentially unwanted browser extension. On its official website, this program claims that using it will make you quickly get the desired information without leaving the current page. It seems that Quiknowledge can bring a lot of convenience to you. But as a matter of fact, Quiknowledge is exactly a trouble-maker. Once inside, the unwanted program is able to work on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other popular web browsers. After then, Quiknowledge will add its toolbar to your browser without your permission. You are not recommended to use the suspicious toolbar to make searches. Once you type several searching keywords to the add-on, Quiknowledge will quickly highlight any words and phrases on your current web page.
When you move the mouse to the highlighted words, new windows containing the information related to your searching queries will show up. Also, Quiknowledge will insert a lot of unwanted commercial advertisements into the pop-up windows. Similar to Ads by Super Radio, Quiknowledge ads can take you to strange websites and cause trouble to you. When Quiknowledge comes into your system, it will install additional ad-supported software utility to your computer. That is why you are often harassed by annoying pop-up ads. In conclusion, Quiknowledge is not a completely safe program. You should uninstall it from your machine as soon as possible.
Quiknowledge Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Quiknowledge Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Quiknowledge Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) Quiknowledge Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Quiknowledge Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Quiknowledge Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Quiknowledge Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove Quiknowledge Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Quiknowledge process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Quiknowledge virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.