Cannot eliminate Ads by Winner Media Player from your computer? Please follow the removal instruction to uninstall Winner Media Player from your computer thoroughly.
What is Winner Media Player?
Winner Media Player Virus is a member of the adware family which corrupts your Internet browser and shows you all kinds of ads, coupons, discounts, banners and other spam. First of all, this Winner Media Player virus will make modifications to the default settings of your web browser without your approval. As a result, your current homepage will be replaced with Winner Media Player, and numerous commercial ads will pop up continuously whenever you are surfing online. Apart from that, this Winner Media Player virus will redirect your search results to many different websites which are unrelated to your search queries. By doing so, the Winner Media Player virus can help boost those promoted website traffic so that the virus makers will gain advertising revenue from the sponsors.
You can meet with this Winner Media Player virus when you download free applications from hacked websites, open spam email attachments, play online games on suspicious websites or view pornographic websites. After intruding into your computer, this Winner Media Player virus will employ the rootkit technology to escape from the detection of your antivirus software and lurk in the depth of your system to perform its malicious activities. As your antivirus programs cannot catch this Winner Media Player virus, you need to remove this crafty virus by manual method. The following is the detailed instruction which will help you get rid of it efficiently.
Winner Media Player Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Winner Media Player Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Winner Media Player Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) Winner Media Player Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Winner Media Player Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Winner Media Player Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Winner Media Player Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove Winner Media Player Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Winner Media Player process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Winner Media Player virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.