KMPlayer often displays pop-up ads to harass you? How to stop the pop-up ads? This post will provide a detailed removal guide to solve your problem completely.
The Information of KMPlayer
KMPlayer is a potentially unwanted Media Player. Some computer users complain that the application often shows commercial ads when they watch videos. Besides, the pop-up ads cannot be cleaned up easily. You may wonder how the pop-ups come into your computer. In fact, the ads are caused by adware programs. When you install KMPlayer onto your computer, you will get extra unwanted programs installed as well. As far as I know, the KMPlayer installer generally contains the installations of TidyNetwork, Common Dictionary and OptimizerPro. As soon as these three unknown programs enter your machine, they will make modifications to your system start-up items.
Afterwards, these suspicious programs alter browser homepage, search engine and toolbar. When you launch the KMPlayer to watch videos, these three programs will send commercial ads to you. Though KMPlayer, TidyNetwork, Common Dictionary and OptimizerPro are not as dangerous as Trojan horses, they can take up a lot of system resources by adding junk files to the PC. In consequence, your computer performance is slowed down. In a word, KMPlayer is not a reliable media player that will cause chaos on your computer. If you want to stop the pop-up ads completely, you will need to uninstall KMPlayer and the other three unknown programs from the operating system.
KMPlayer Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) KMPlayer Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) KMPlayer Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) KMPlayer Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) KMPlayer Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) KMPlayer Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) KMPlayer Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove KMPlayer Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end KMPlayer process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: KMPlayer virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.