PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A is a rather risky Trojan virus that causes many problems on infected computers. Once your machine is affected, it will perform much weirdly. Generally, such kind of Trojan horse can infiltrate into your workstation through hacked websites, spam e-mail attachments, and uncontaminated free programs, etc. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A virus is able to automatically operate each time you turn on your PC. It has the ability to change your Windows settings and registry files without your permission. Some computer programs are affected so that they cannot work normally as before. Besides, PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A virus also occupies lots of your system resources. That is why you take a long time to log onto your Windows system. In addition, this pesky virus will download malware, worms and other pests to cause further damage to your PC. What PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A virus does will result in terrible consequences. Occasionally, your computer shuts down without any warning. And blue screen is a disturbing problem. You cannot find some of your system files sometimes because PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A virus could hide them. Gradually, your computer becomes vulnerable and disabled. Furthermore, a great many cyber hackers are likely to get into your machine with the help of PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A virus. They record your Internet activities and steal your credit card number, password and financial information. On the other hand, it is pity that lots of antivirus programs can’t erase such virus entirely. From this post you can learn several ways to deal with PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A virus.
PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A is a Trojan virus that stealthily attacks random system.
2. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A can change some important system settings.
3. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A could disable certain system applications like security software.
4. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A may bring spyware or other privacy-invasive software.
5. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A would do instant update and make it difficult to remove.
6. PUP.Optional.ShowPassword.A steals your privacy and compromises your security.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.OpenCandy Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “EnableLUA” = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine
Note: PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.