What is Movies Toolbar Virus?
Movies Toolbar is classified as a malicious browser hijacker or redirect virus which will attack all web browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Normally this annoying virus is distributed through infected web sites, fake free programs, or email attachments. Once Movies Toolbar is successfully installed into your operating system, it will make some changes to your browser settings. By doing so, it is able to redirect your default home page and search engine to search.ask.com. When you do the search on this unfamiliar search provider, Movies Toolbar redirect virus offers you a great amount of sponsored web pages which are little related to your search terms. Besides, numerous ads will pop up on your screen when you browse the web. Under such circumstance, you will not able to work with your desktop as normal. But you should know that Movies Toolbar hijacker is mainly created to gather net traffic and clicks on those ads to earn money for its designers. On the other hand, your computer will perform much slowly for Movies Toolbar takes up high system resources when it runs at the back. What’s worse, your web browsing activities would be traced while your personal information could be stolen. Thus, it is highly advised that you delete Movies Toolbar before it causes more damage and inconvenience.
Movies Toolbar Virus Screenshot:
Movies Toolbar virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Movies Toolbar virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. Movies Toolbar virus modifies your browser settings.
3. Movies Toolbar virus changes your home page and search engine.
4. Movies Toolbar virus collects your online habits.
5. Movies Toolbar virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Movies Toolbar virus slows down your PC performance.
How to Remove Movies Toolbar Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Movies Toolbar virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Movies Toolbar process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine