Search.anchorfree.net is regarded as a risky browser hijacker or redirect virus. Normally, this malicious virus makes use of your system vulnerabilities to enter your workstation. After intrusion, Search.anchorfree.net first adds a vicious file to the system registry so as to execute itself whenever you launch the machine. After then, it controls your browser by making some modifications to your browser settings. As a result, Search.anchorfree.net pops up every time you open the browser or when you want to start a new site or tab. To do so, this malicious infection gathers net traffic and gain profit for its designers. Besides, your search results could be rerouted to certain other unfamiliar web pages. Those sites could contain lots of ads or computer viruses. Under such circumstance, your workstation would be further corrupted. Search.anchorfree.net may trace your keystrokes as well as your online activities as well. It then collects your vital information and sells it to the third party hackers. Hence, your privacy will be put at risk. On the other hand, Search.anchorfree.net could slow up your computer performance. That’s why you have to wait for a long time to execute some applications or open a website. So Search.anchorfree.net must be deleted in time to prevent more damage. As it’s a foxy and stubborn virus, you’d better take manual steps to finish the removal job.
Search.anchorfree.net Virus Screenshot:
Search.anchorfree.net virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Search.anchorfree.net virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. Search.anchorfree.net virus modifies your browser settings.
3. Search.anchorfree.net virus changes your home page and search engine.
4. Search.anchorfree.net virus collects your online habits.
5. Search.anchorfree.net virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Search.anchorfree.net virus slows down your PC performance.
How to Remove Search.anchorfree.net Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Search.anchorfree.net virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.anchorfree.net
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine