Adware Generic5.YKC is a vicious adware infection which comes from the adware family of Generic5. This dangerous virus infects your operating system through spam email attachments, pop-up links, or free programs on unknown servers. After intrusion, Adware Generic5.YKC adware will take actions to change your system settings especially the security settings. Meanwhile, it disguises as a legit system process and roots deep in the Windows. Hence, it is capable of escaping from the detection and deletion of the antivirus installed in the affected machine. Besides, Adware Generic5.YKC malware could block some applications. As a result, your programs may stop working randomly and suddenly. In addition, Adware Generic5.YKC virus could connect to the Internet and download other browser toolbar, add-ons or extensions without asking for any permission. After then, your web browsing activities would become much weird. A great amount of advertisements pop up on the screen to annoy you. If you accidentally click any pop-up link, Adware Generic5.YKC virus will lure you to purchase some promoted products. This is the main purpose of this baleful adware. Furthermore, your online habits could be traced while your sensitive information would be stolen and sent away to the remote servers. Thus, it is clear that Adware Generic5.YKC is a great danger to both the PC and your privacy. You should not hesitate to clean up this foxy, stubborn and risky adware.
Adware Generic5.YKC virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Adware Generic5.YKC virus is a dangerous adware virus.
2. Adware Generic5.YKC virus modifies your system settings.
3. Adware Generic5.YKC virus could block your security software.
4. Adware Generic5.YKC virus collects your online habits.
5. Adware Generic5.YKC virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Adware Generic5.YKC virus slows down your PC performance.
How to Remove Adware Generic5.YKC Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Adware Generic5.YKC virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Adware Generic5.YKC
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine