AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen is defined as a risky Trojan virus which could cause a lot of troubles and damage to the victim as well as the target Windows system. With the usage of junk e-mail attachments, unverified shared downloads and porno websites, AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus enters your system stealthily. After invasion, this pesky Trojan virus would spread its harmful codes or clones to some major system parts especially Windows registry, security settings and System32 folder. After then, AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus will be able to run automatically on system boot-up. Besides, the installed antivirus and anti-spyware could be disabled. In addition, some applications would be unable to execute smoothly. In a word, AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus could destroy the whole Windows. Furthermore, same as Adware.Win32.Zeus virus, this nasty Trojan will inject evil plug-ins or add-ons to the system and the web browser so as to show up various charming and attracting ads. But if you click any of them and pay for promoted products, your keystrokes will be recorded while the credit card details will be collected for more illicit activities. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus will occupy a lot of system resources on the other hand. That is why you have to wait for a long time to launch the machine, execute applications and connect to the network. All in all, we strongly recommend that you remove AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus as soon as possible.
AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus is a stubborn and dangerous Trojan virus.
2. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus could affect your system settings greatly.
3. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus blocks your antivirus and firewall to cause more vulnerabilities.
4. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus collects personal data for the distant hackers.
5. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus introduces other computer viruses.
6. AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus slows down your PC performance and bombards popups.
How to Remove AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end AdWare/Win32.WebCake.gen
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine