PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A is classified as a harmful and stubborn Trojan virus which has the ability to cause great damage and loss to the affected system and the victim. Usually, your machine will be attacked by this nasty Trojan virus when you accidentally click suspicious links, visit unknown websites, download unverified programs or open junk e-mail attachments, and so forth. After intrusion, PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus starts to perform as many harmful activities as possible. It spreads its baleful codes to some major system parts like Windows registry, computer security settings and Task Manager. As a result, it runs in the background every time the machine is launched. Besides, the installed antivirus programs will be disabled. That is why you receive security warnings all the time. In addition, PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus will block some system applications, which makes you unable to work as normal. Furthermore, this baleful virus will hijack your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You’ll have to deal with constant redirects and annoying pop-up advertisements. Even, PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus may download additional risky viruses such as rogueware, spyware and malware to further destroy your PC. Worst still, your keystrokes, web browsing histories and online actions would be recorded by this malicious program. Then it collects your important information for the distant servers. All in all, it is urgent to remove PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus as soon as possible.
PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus is a dangerous and malicious Trojan virus.
2. PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus could change Windows registry settings and security configurations.
3. PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus hijacks the web browser and causes a great amount of chaos.
4. PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus traces online activities and steals personal information for illegal purposes.
5. PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus could download many other harmful PC viruses to cause further damage.
6. PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus takes up high system resources and affects the PC performance greatly.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end PUP.Optional.SearchGolTB.A
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine