Ask Jeeves Toolbar is a tricky and baleful browser hijacker which attacks all web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Normally, this annoying program infiltrates your workstation when you accidentally download unverified shared programs, open spam email attachments, or visit hacked web pages, and so forth. Once Ask Jeeves Toolbar browser hijacker invades your machine, it will first add vicious files to the Windows registry. By doing so, it activates itself no matter when you launch the machine. Besides, this pesky toolbar hides deeply in the system so as to avoid the detection of your security tools. After then, Ask Jeeves Toolbar browser hijacker will modify the browser settings without seeking for any permission. It installs itself to the web browser automatically. Meanwhile, your favorite home page and search engine will be replaced by unknown websites. After then, you’ll encounter chaotic web browsing activities. Many sponsored links will be added to the search results, visits will be rerouted to misleading pages, and various ads will be displayed on the desktop. Ask Jeeves Toolbar could even download additional risky PC viruses like rogueware, spyware and even Trojans. Under such circumstance, your machine will be definitely destroyed. What’s worse, Ask Jeeves Toolbar malware records your online actions to collect your user names, passwords and credit card details. The gathered data will be sent to the distant hackers for illicit purposes. All in all, the earlier you remove Ask Jeeves Toolbar browser hijacker, the better it will be.
Ask Jeeves Toolbar Virus Screenshot:
Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus is a malicious and foxy browser hijacker virus.
2. Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus changes system settings and browser settings.
3. Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus replaces your home page and search engine.
4. Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus redirects visits to unwanted pages and displays ads.
5. Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus could allow additional harmful viruses to enter the system.
6. Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus slows down Internet connection and violates your privacy.
How to Remove Ask Jeeves Toolbar Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Ask Jeeves Toolbar virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end Ask Jeeves Toolbar process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Ask Jeeves Toolbar
6. Restart your machine