PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A is regarded as a PUP or a Trojan virus. This unwanted program will do much harm to your Windows system if not deleted in time. Normally, it gets into your machine through hacked websites, contaminated free programs and spam e-mail attachments, and so forth. Hence you should pay much attention when browsing the web. Once PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus finishes its invasion into your workstation, it will first change the Windows registry settings. By doing so, it can be executed to perform malicious activities whenever the PC is launched. It can disable the installed security programs on the other hand. As a result, the system will become much assailable to get caught by many other risky viruses. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus will attack your Internet explorers including IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. It would change your default homepage and search provider to random malicious websites. Besides, it frequently redirects your search results and new tabs to unfamiliar and irrelevant pages. Meanwhile, you’ll get a lot of pop-up ads when surfing the Internet. In a word, PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus will mess up your PC. Furthermore, it could download additional harmful malware, spyware and rogueware to your machine. In such case, your workstation will be greatly damaged. Worst still, PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus steals your personal information that is stored on the computer. It sends the collected data to the distant hackers for illegal use. Then you’ll encounter more loss. Therefore, it is wise to remove PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus once you find it. The following post will do you a favor.
PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus is a malicious and dangerous Trojan virus.
2. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus can bypass the installed security programs and intrude inside the target computer.
3. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus blocks your antivirus and firewall to cause more vulnerabilities.
4. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus attacks the web browser and messes up the system as well as the web browser.
5. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus logs online histories and collects sensitive information.
6. PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus could drop useless processes or viruses and slows up the PC performance.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end PUP.Optional.HomeTab.A
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine