Websearch.search-guide.info is categorized as a harmful and stubborn browser hijacker which has the ability to attack all web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Generally, this unknown program gets into your workstation through hacked websites, contaminated shared downloads, and junk e-mail attachments, etc. Websearch.search-guide.info virus tries hard to perform as many malicious activities as it can after its infiltration. To begin with, it adds new files to the Windows registry. By doing so, it activates itself every time the machine is launched. Besides, Websearch.search-guide.info can root deep in the system so as to escape from the detection of your antivirus software. After then, it hijacks your web browser and modifies the browser settings automatically. As a consequence, your original start page and search provider are replaced by Websearch.search-guide.info. In addition, your visits like search results and new tabs will be frequently rerouted to some unwanted pages with numerous products and services. Furthermore, tons of ads will be showed up on the screen during your web browsing activities. If you accidentally click any link, your workstation would be affected by many other harmful viruses like Trojans, adware, spyware and malware. On the other hand, Websearch.search-guide.info malware eats up a lot of system resources and slows up the Internet connection greatly. In a word, you’ll be unable to work as normal. What’s worse, Websearch.search-guide.info virus can gather your crucial information for its designers for unknown purposes. Thus, it’s highly advised to remove this foxy and baleful browser hijacker as soon as possible.
Websearch.search-guide.info Virus Screenshot:
Websearch.search-guide.info virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Websearch.search-guide.info virus is a dangerous and stubborn browser hijacker virus.
2. Websearch.search-guide.info virus could make changes to the default browser settings.
3. Websearch.search-guide.info virus replaces your home page and search engine.
4. Websearch.search-guide.info virus causes constant redirects and generating annoying ads.
5. Websearch.search-guide.info virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Websearch.search-guide.info virus slows down your Internet connection and collects important information.
How to Remove Websearch.search-guide.info Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Websearch.search-guide.info virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end Websearch.search-guide.info process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wupdt.exe
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Websearch.search-guide.info
6. Restart your machine