Pup.optional.defaulttab is identified as a harmful Trojan which comes from the Pup.optional Trojan family. This kind of Trojan tries hard to infiltrates deep in the affected system to escape from the detection and deletion of the installed antivirus. On the other hand, Pup.optional.defaulttab virus could block your antivirus by spreading risky scripts to the security settings. In such case, your machine will not be well protected while other computer viruses could easily get into your machine and carry out more vicious activities. Besides, Pup.optional.defaulttab eats up lots of system resources and slows up the PC performance. Hence, it will be a long time to start the workstation, execute programs, connect to the Internet, and so forth. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus may even make the affected system crash sometimes. In addition, your screen could be crowded with various ads, which will severely disrupt your normal work. If you try to shut down the popups by clicking the close icons, you may as well be led to certain suspicious commercial websites that promote lots of products or contain numerous computer threats like spyware, malware, or worms. Pup.optional.defaulttab may even introduce additional viruses to further destroy your assailable system. Worst enough, but Pup.optional.defaulttab virus could violate your privacy by helping remote hackers to steal your vital information stored on the machine for illegal purposes. All in all, Pup.optional.defaulttab is really a bad thing which should be immediately deleted.
Pup.optional.defaulttab virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus is a dangerous Trojan virus.
2. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus could change your system settings.
3. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus blocks your antivirus and firewall.
4. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus collects your online habits and personal data.
5. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus downloads other computer viruses.
6. Pup.optional.defaulttab virus slows down your PC performance and bombards popups.
How to Remove Pup.optional.defaulttab Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Pup.optional.defaulttab virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Pup.optional.defaulttab
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine
Note: Pup.optional.defaulttab virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.