PUP.Optional.OpenCandy is a very dangerous Trojan infection which is a family member of PUP.Optional virus. Once affected, your workstation will encounter lots of troubles. For example, the machine becomes much poorer than before. It takes a long time to start the machine, execute the applications, and connect to the network, and so forth. Even, some programs stop working suddenly. That is because PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus spreads its malicious codes to some key system parts. Meanwhile, your installed security programs like firewall and antivirus would be disabled. Under such circumstance, more and more vulnerabilities will be made in your operating system. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy is able to introduce additional PC viruses to further destroy your workstation. In addition, you will receive lots of pop-ups on the screen. This annoying pest can trace your online habits to generate many attracting and charming popups. But if you click any of them, you will be led to a certain commercial website which contains numerous promoted products and services. Some may even contain useless programs which can be installed in your machine automatically. Hence, PUP.Optional.OpenCandy will mess up your system as well as your life. What’s worse, your private information would be gathered for the remote web criminals for illegal purposes. All in all, it is urgent and important to totally delete PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus once it is detected.
PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus is a dangerous Trojan virus.
2. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus could affect your system settings greatly.
3. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus blocks your antivirus and firewall to cause more vulnerabilities.
4. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus collects personal data for the distant hackers.
5. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus introduces other computer viruses.
6. PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus slows down your PC performance and bombards popups.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.OpenCandy Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end PUP.Optional.OpenCandy
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine
Note: PUP.Optional.OpenCandy virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.