Search.coupons.com is classified as a baleful redirect virus which always causes much damage to the affected system. Usually, this nasty virus is distributed through hacked websites, contaminated freeware, or spam emails, and so forth. Once affected, your machine will definitely perform not the same as before. Search.coupons.com usually first embeds malicious entries to the system registry so as to make sure its automatic activation whenever the Windows is launched. Meanwhile, it could modify your system security settings and disable the installed antivirus. After then, Search.coupons.com malware attacks the Internet browsers including IE, Google Chrome and Firefox. It changes the default browser settings. As a result, it would pop up as your home page and search engine. You can see a search box on the interface of Search.coupons.com. However, when you do the search with it, this fake search provider offers you lots of sponsored links or ads in the search results. If you click any provided site, you would be redirected to a certain unwanted page that contains numerous promoted products. You may pay for some attracted products. Under such circumstance, your personal information especially the credit card data will be collected and sent away to remote servers. On the other hand, Search.coupons.com infection brings about many other threats like Trojans, worms, or malware. In a word, Search.coupons.com virus is a great threat to the desktop as well as your privacy. We strongly recommend that you remove it once you find it.
Search.coupons.com virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Search.coupons.com virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. Search.coupons.com virus modifies your browser settings.
3. Search.coupons.com virus changes your home page and search engine.
4. Search.coupons.com virus collects your online habits.
5. Search.coupons.com virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Search.coupons.com virus slows down your PC performance.
How to Remove Search.coupons.com Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Search.coupons.com virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.coupons.com
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
6. Restart your machine
Note: Search.coupons.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.