Annoyed by lots of pop-ups from Cdn.downloads-free-video.com virus? The web browser is blocked totally? Suffering from slow PC performance? No worries, this post contains step-by-step guide to help completely remove Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus.
Brief Introduction of Cdn.downloads-free-video.com Pop-up Virus:
Cdn.downloads-free-video.com appears on the screen every time you open the web browser. That is, your favorite home page would be replaced. Meanwhile, you’ll get numerous and constant pop-ups when surfing the Internet. Those pop-ups will ask you to download free videos or programs. However, they could contain risky PC threats like key-find.com redirect virus or Trojan horses. On the other hand, Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus decreases the entire system performance by occupying great system resources. It would shut down the network connection randomly to block you from accessing security software related websites. As described above, it’s necessary to remove Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus as soon as possible.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Cdn.downloads-free-video.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will replace the default homepage as well as change the desired websites to random pop-ups.
2. It modifies many important browser settings and installs some unknown add-ons to Chrome, Firefox and IE.
3. It takes up a lot of system resources and decreases the whole PC performance greatly.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It generates a lot of pop-ups on the screen and won’t allow you to close some of them.
6. It can change system settings and add new desktop icons to mislead the victim.
Manual Removal Guide of Cdn.downloads-free-video.com Pop-up Virus:
Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Cdn.downloads-free-video.com pop-up virus.