The computer is attacked by Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus? Cannot surf the Internet as normal? The installed antivirus cannot scan anything? Read this post and take step-by-step instructions to solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of Lp.koyotesoft.com Pop-up Virus:
As a typical pop-up virus or browser hijacker, Lp.koyotesoft.com malware will occur on the screen each time you open the web browser or try to open a new tab. In addition, you’ll get similar pages as well. In some cases, you are not able to close those annoying pop-ups. Even, Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus shuts down the Internet connection suddenly to cause error pages. You won’t be able to access security software related sites to download files or tools. Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus aims to promote many malicious programs. Hence you had better not click any link or button on them. To prevent further damage and troubles, you should remove Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus as long as it appears.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lp.koyotesoft.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can replace the original start page and generate numerous pop-ups on the screen.
2. It disrupts your online activities with many promoted or threatened pop-up messages.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It adds many new icons to the desktop to mislead you to dangers.
Manual Removal Guide of Lp.koyotesoft.com Pop-up Virus:
Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lp.koyotesoft.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage