The web browser is controlled by Eticosearch.com redirect virus? Suffering from sponsored search results and annoying pop-ups? Find no way to speed up the PC performance? Read this post and follow step-by-step guide to thoroughly get rid of Eticosearch.com virus.
What is Eticosearch.com Virus?
Eticosearch.com or Etico Search is a malicious browser hijacker that attacks web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. With the help of unverified free downloads and spam email attachments, Eticosearch.com virus infiltrates into random Operating System. As long as it enters your machine, it will first add new entries to the system registry. After then, it will be able to run in the background every time the machine is powered on. Besides, Eticosearch.com malware can drop many useless files to other system folders. It can take up most of the system resources and CPU usage when running. As a consequence, the whole affected PC will be slowed down seriously.
Like key-find.com redirect virus, Eticosearch.com hijacker makes modifications to the browser settings and system DNS settings. It then replaces the welcome website and search provider. But if you consider this unknown search engine as a helpful tool, you are totally fooled. Eticosearch.com will not offer you informative search results but provides you with tons of sponsored links. When you click on any search result, you could be redirected to a suspicious website that contains lots of products and even risky PC viruses. That is, Eticosearch.com malware may lead your workstation to a more severe situation. Therefore, it is wise to remove Eticosearch.com virus once it appears.
Eticosearch.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Eticosearch.com Virus attacks random system and makes changes to important system and browser settings.
2) Eticosearch.com Virus controls the web browser and replaces the default home page as well as the original search provider.
3) Eticosearch.com Virus may introduce additional risky PC threats to cause further damage and chaos.
4) Eticosearch.com Virus could trace online habits to generate tons of charming ads.
5) Eticosearch.com Virus provides many sponsored links in the search result to promote certain products.
6) Eticosearch.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Eticosearch.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Eticosearch.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Eticosearch.com NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Eticosearch.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.