The web browser is messed up by lots of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-ups? The PC performs much slowly? The installed antivirus cannot scan anything? Read this post and follow step-by-step instructions to completely get rid of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com Pop-up Virus:
Besides, PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus would generate similar pop-ups when you want to open a new tab or type in a correct address. You will be asked to download various programs that could further mess up the system. Hence you should not fall into its trap and click any button or icon. On the other hand, your network connection could be shut down suddenly especially when you try to visit security software related web pages. PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus can connect to the Internet automatically to download instant updates so as to bypass the detection and deletion of antivirus software. All in all, to protect the machine as well as to prevent great damage, it is highly advised to remove PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus once it appears.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to PremiumPlayerUpdate.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only replace the default home page, but also change the desired websites to its domains.
2. It takes over the web browser and does not allow you to make changes to the browser settings.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It displays a lot of unwanted windows to promote its products.
6. It could add new and misleading icons to the desktop to cause chaos.
Manual Removal Guide of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com Pop-up Virus:
PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of PremiumPlayerUpdate.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage