The computer is messed up by Prizeslocket.eu pop-up virus? Receive lots of unwanted pop-ups? Annoyed by much slow PC performance? Read this post and take step-by-step instructions to completely remove Prizeslocket.eu pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Prizeslocket.eu Pop-up Virus:
As a typical pop-up virus, Prizeslocket.eu malware makes modifications to the web browser settings. It then changes the default home page to its own domain. Besides, similar pages will pop up on the screen when you want to open a desired website or new tab. Those unwanted windows block your online activities and ask you to download promoted programs. But you had better not click any button on them, or your machine could catch additional malicious programs or risky PC viruses like key-find.com redirect virus. All in all, Prizeslocket.eu is not a good thing to the computer, it is wise to remove it as fast as possible.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Prizeslocket.eu without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Prizeslocket.eu Pop-up Virus:
Prizeslocket.eu pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Prizeslocket.eu pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Prizeslocket.eu pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Prizeslocket.eu pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Prizeslocket.eu pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage