Annoyed by Gln.doneticket.net pop-ups? The web browser is messed up completely? Cannot access some desired websites? Suffering from much slow PC performance? Read this post and follow step-by-step guide to completely solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of Gln.doneticket.net Pop-up Virus:
On the other hand, Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus will make modifications to many important browser settings as well as system DNS settings. After then, it controls Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your default home page would be changed to Gln.doneticket.net without your consent. Besides, when you want to open new tabs or access desired web pages, similar pages pop up on the web browser to ask you to download malicious programs or Java updates. But you should not click any button on them as they could lead you to download risky PC threats like key-find.com redirect virus. What’s worse, Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus shuts down the network connection to block you from visiting security software related pages. Therefore, it’s highly advised to remove Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus ASAP to avoid great damage.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Gln.doneticket.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only change the original start page to random sites but also display suspicious web pages.
2. It alters important browser settings to take over the web browser.
3. It can install many unknown browser add-ons stealthily and secretly.
4. It will shut down the Internet connection suddenly to block your online activities.
5. It generates a lot of unwanted promoted pop-up windows constantly.
6. It would add new icons to the desktop so as to mislead you to dangers.
Manual Removal Guide of Gln.doneticket.net Pop-up Virus:
Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Gln.doneticket.net pop-up virus.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\ Gln.doneticket.net