The web browser is infected with CouponMaker adware? Lots of unwanted ads keep popping up? The PC performs rather slowly? No worries, this post contains fast and detailed instructions to help completely uninstall CouponMaker adware and solve related problem.
What is CouponMaker Virus?
CouponMaker is regarded as a stubborn and nasty adware that messes up the web browser with lots of unwanted advertisements. This malware usually gets into the target Operating System along with some unverified programs that can be downloaded from the Internet for free. Once CouponMaker adware finishes its infiltration into your workstation, it will carry out many annoying activities and cause great chaos. It can add boot-up files to the system registry. As a result, it runs automatically on Windows boot-up. Besides, CouponMaker virus installs many unwanted add-ons to your web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and IE.
CouponMaker adware can display numerous ads on the desktop once you open the web browser. It generates coupons, deals and discounts to catch your eyes, especially when you are visiting shopping websites. But if you accidentally click any pop-up, you could be forced to pay for unworthy products or download additional PC threats like key-find.com redirect virus. In such case, CouponMaker adware may record your keystrokes and gather personal information. On the other hand, this malicious program could slow down your system performance by consuming lots of system resources. All in all, CouponMaker is not a good thing to your computer, you had better remove it as fast as possible.
CouponMaker Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) CouponMaker Virus makes changes to key system DNS and browser settings stealthily.
2) CouponMaker Virus installs many unwanted add-ons to the web browser without asking for permission.
3) CouponMaker Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) CouponMaker Virus would force the victim to buy promoted products.
5) CouponMaker Virus displays a lot of coupons, deals or discounts to attract the victim.
6) CouponMaker Virus can mess up the desktop with many unknown icons.
How to Remove CouponMaker Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end CouponMaker process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: CouponMaker virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.