The system is attacked by Gys.coredriver.net pop-ups? Cannot surf the Internet as before? The installed antivirus software does not scan anything? Keep reading this post and follow professional and fast instructions to completely remove Gys.coredriver.net virus.
Brief Introduction of Gys.coredriver.net Pop-up Virus:
Through making changes to the browser settings, Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus takes over Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. After then, it replaces the default home page without asking for any approval. Meanwhile, you’ll receive lots of pop-up windows constantly when you try to access desired web pages. Those annoying pop-ups would ask you to download programs or updates. In other words, Gys.coredriver.net pop-ups will block your online activities seriously. Even, it keeps record of your keystrokes and search queries so as to gather your online habits. As described above, you had better take instant actions to remove Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus once you find it. Or further chaos or damage could be caused on the system.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Gys.coredriver.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only replace the original start page but also generate a lot of unwanted pip-ups on the web browser.
2. It installs many unfamiliar add-ons to Chrome, Firefox and IE without any approval.
3. It can make alters to some important browser settings stealthily and won’t allow you to change them back.
4. It blocks your online activities and asks you to download many malicious programs.
5. It may generate some pop-up windows that cannot be closed.
6. It consumes most of the system resources and slows up the affected PC performance.
Manual Removal Guide of Gys.coredriver.net Pop-up Virus:
Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Gys.coredriver.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect" = 0