The web browser is messed up by EtikoSearch.com redirect virus? Home page and search engine are replaced without any approval? Suffering from rather slow PC performance? Keep reading this post and follow step-by-step guide to solve the problem.
What is EtikoSearch.com Virus?
EtikoSearch.com is classified as a much stubborn and malicious browser hijacker that usually gets into the target system stealthily. You won’t notice the infection of EtikoSearch.com virus as it disguises as a legit browser add-on and comes into the workstation along with some free downloads. Besides, spam email attachments could contain this malicious program. Once it gets installed on your system successfully, this pesky browser hijacker will try hard to carry out many nasty activities. First of all, EtikoSearch.com malware drops boot-up files to the system so as to guarantee its auto activation in the background. In addition, it could insert useless files to system folders. This malware can take up a lot of system resources, which slows down the whole PC performance.
Through changing the default browser settings, EtikoSearch.com replaces the original start page and search provider without any approval. You’ll then suffer from a lot of troubles. A large amount of sponsored links will be added to the search results to catch your eyes. Meanwhile, like key-find.com redirect virus, EtikoSearch.com malware can generate tons of ads that are related to your online habits. However, it’s not advised to click any of those unknown links. Or your machine could catch additional risky PC viruses. On the other hand, EtikoSearch.com redirect virus downloads files to do instant updates to avoid being detected. As described above, it is important to remove EtikoSearch.com browser hijacker promptly to prevent unwanted damage.
EtikoSearch.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) EtikoSearch.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) EtikoSearch.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) EtikoSearch.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) EtikoSearch.com Virus keeps track of online activities and gathers online habits.
5) EtikoSearch.com Virus provides lots of sponsored search results and displays numerous unwanted ads.
6) EtikoSearch.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove EtikoSearch.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end EtikoSearch.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: EtikoSearch.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.