The system is attacked by Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-ups? The web browser is messed up seriously? Find no way to speed up the PC? Read this post and take step-by-step guide to completely get rid of Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Www1.mediaplayernew.com Pop-up Virus:
Besides, you’ll get many Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-ups when trying to access desired websites. Even such annoying windows appear on the screen when you open new tabs. In a word, you’ll find it hard to surf the Internet as before. On the other hand, Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus could insert malicious files to the system registry and other folders. It may take up most of the system resources to decrease the PC performance. To avoid great troubles and inconveniences, you should remove Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus as fast as possible.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Www1.mediaplayernew.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Www1.mediaplayernew.com Pop-up Virus:
Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Www1.mediaplayernew.com pop-up virus.