The web browser is messed up by Lpmxp21.com pop-ups? Cannot speed up the PC performance? Cannot surf the Internet as before? Keep reading this page and follow step-by-step instructions to get rid of Lpmxp21.com virus.
Brief Introduction of Lpmxp21.com Pop-up Virus:
The main purpose of Lpmxp21.com malware is to promote certain programs or products. But if you click on those unknown pop-ups, you could be led to download malicious applications or pay for unworthy products. No matter how hard this nasty program tells you that your program needs to update, you should not believe in it. Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus can shut down your machine and generate error pages on the other hand. It won’t allow you to access antivirus software related websites to download any files or tools. What’s worse, Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus could introduce other malware like key-find.com redirect virus to further mess up the system. As described above, it is necessary to remove Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus promptly to avoid unwanted troubles.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lpmxp21.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can not only change the original start page, but also generate similar pop-ups to threaten the victim.
2. It will make changes to the browser settings and not allow you to change them back as before.
3. It blocks your online activities by telling you to download program updates or applications.
4. It could shut down the network connection randomly to cause error pages.
5. It could show a lot of unwanted pop-ups while you are not able to close them at all.
6. It adds new website shortcuts on the desktop to mislead you to download malicious programs.
Manual Removal Guide of Lpmxp21.com Pop-up Virus:
Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lpmxp21.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage