Home page is changed to Search.browseguard.info without any approval? Cannot speed up the PC performance? Suffering from a lot of sponsored search results and pop-up ads? Read this post and take detailed guide to completely remove Search.browseguard.info virus.
What is Search.browseguard.info Virus?
Search.browseguard.info is classified as a much stubborn and foxy browser hijacker that will cause a lot of chaos and inconveniences to the affected system. With the help of unverified free programs, Search.browseguard.info redirect virus gets into the target workstation. After then, it first drops many boot-up files to the system so as to guarantee its auto activation on Windows start-up. Besides, like key-find.com redirect virus, this malicious program installs unwanted add-ons to the web browser. It could add unknown pages to your favorites folder as well. Search.browseguard.info replaces your original start page and favorite search provider without asking for any approval.
But when you make a search with Search.browseguard.info, this fake search engine will offer a lot of sponsored links. You could be led to suspicious or even dangerous pages. Meanwhile, you would get lots of pop-up ads on the desktop when surfing the Internet. What’s worse, your desired pages could be redirected to unknown or promoted web pages. It’s obvious that Search.browseguard.info browser hijacker is mainly created to promote some web sites and unfamiliar products. On the other hand, it can consume high system resources and slow down the PC performance greatly. All in all, it’s wise to remove Search.browseguard.info virus once you find it.
Search.browseguard.info Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Search.browseguard.info Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Search.browseguard.info Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Search.browseguard.info Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Search.browseguard.info Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Search.browseguard.info Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious search results.
6) Search.browseguard.info Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
7) Search.browseguard.info Virus makes the system crash frequently and causes the slow network speed.
How to Remove Search.browseguard.info Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.browseguard.info process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Search.browseguard.info virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.