The web browser is taken over by lots of Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-ups? Suffering from much slow PC performance? The installed security software cannot scan anything? Read this post and follow fast and detailed guide to completely get rid of Lp.apps-for-free.net virus.
Brief Introduction of Lp.apps-for-free.net Pop-up Virus:
On the other hand, Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up malware can modify the default browser settings. It replaces the original start page without asking for permission. Besides, it installs many unwanted browser add-ons stealthily. After then, you’ll receive Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-ups on the screen each time you want to open a website or new tab. Those annoying windows mainly ask you to download free or buy cheap programs. However, those sites could contain risky PC viruses or malware like key-find.com redirect virus. Under such circumstance, your machine could be further messed up or even damaged. What’s more, Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up virus can hide deep in the system to avoid being detected. To completely remove all troubles, we provide professional and detailed guides below. Please take it step by step.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lp.apps-for-free.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only change your web sites, but also modify other browser settings to install unwanted toolbars, display pop-up advertisements, and bookmarks that you did not create.
2. It can alter your home page settings, commonly by reducing the Internet security options. And the worse is that it blocks you from changing them back.
3. You will be redirected to malicious and unwanted web pages.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It displays a lot of pop-up windows constantly, some of which could not be closed.
6. It adds new website shortcuts on the desktop to mislead you to download malicious programs.
Manual Removal Guide of Lp.apps-for-free.net Pop-up Virus:
Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lp.apps-for-free.net pop-up virus.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage