The system is taken over by SearchAssist virus? Numerous annoying ads keep popping up? No worries, this post will do you a favor to thoroughly remove SearchAssist virus and solve related problem.
What is SearchAssist Virus?
SearchAssist can be regarded as a nasty adware that displays lots of unwanted ads on the web browser. This nasty program usually gets into the target computer along with certain unverified free programs. After then, it makes modifications to the browser settings without asking for any approval. SearchAssist adware could change the default home page to its own domain, searchassist.net or searchassist.me. Besides, this malware installs many unknown add-ons to the web browser. It then generates a great amount of advertisements on the visiting web pages. SearchAssist adware can add underlines and hyperlinks to some words or sentences.
If you accidentally click any of those links, you could be led to suspicious web pages that contain a lot of various products. SearchAssist malware is mainly created to promote unworthy products and gain illegal income. Hence, you should pay enough attention to those annoying ads. On the other hand, SearchAssist adware will add boot-up files to the system so as to guarantee its auto activation. Meanwhile, it can eat up most of the system resources to slow up the whole PC performance. You may receive error pages when trying to open a desired program. As described above, the earlier you remove SearchAssist adware, the better it will be. If you find no way to solve the problem, please follow detailed guides below.
SearchAssist Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) SearchAssist Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) SearchAssist Virus could replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) SearchAssist Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) SearchAssist Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) SearchAssist Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) SearchAssist Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove SearchAssist Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end SearchAssist process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: SearchAssist virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.