The computer is infected with PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus? Receive lots of unwanted pop-ups? The system runs much slowly? No worries, this post contains detailed and fast guide to permanently remove PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus.
Details of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus:
PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A is defined as a dangerous Trojan virus or PUP, potentially unwanted program. This malicious program will take advantage of system vulnerability and Internet loopholes to enter random Windows system. As long as PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus gets into your OS, it will start to carry out many malicious activities. It can insert harmful scripts to both the system registry and other important system folders. As a result, it runs at the back each time you open the machine.
Besides, PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus can install many unknown add-ons or plug-ins to the system. In such case, your workstation will be messed up greatly. A lot of annoying ads or error messages would be generated on the desktop. Besides, when you want to browse the web as before, you could receive many promoted pop-up windows. PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus may take over the web browser and ask you to download programs or updates.
On the other hand, PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus eats up a lot of system resources and slows down the system performance. It could even change important settings and shut down the Internet connection suddenly. What’s worse, PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus may record your keystrokes and gather sensitive information for illegal activities. Therefore, to avoid great damage and loss, you had better remove PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus immediately.
Malicious Activities of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus:
1) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus attacks random Operating System stealthily and causes a lot of damage.
2) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus injects many harmful codes so as to take over the compromised system.
3) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus slows down the PC performance and even causes system crash randomly.
4) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus disables the installed antivirus software and creates more and more system loopholes.
5) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus could change or delete key system files to cause chaos and malfunction.
6) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus would introduce many other harmful PC viruses to cause further damage.
7) PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus steals sensitive information for remote hackers for illegal purposes.
Get Rid of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A Virus Thoroughly
As PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus is stubborn and dangerous, it is strongly recommended that you remove it as soon as possible. The following post provides detailed manual removal guide to help you completely delete related components of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus and fix the problem.
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking. Keep press F8 when the machine starts to boot up.
Step 2: Delete startup items of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus. Press Win+ R, type “msconfig” and click OK.
Step 3: Remove registry entries of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus. Press Win+R to open Run, type “regedit” and hit OK.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorUser” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System“DisableRegedit” = 0
Step 4: Show hidden files and delete related files of PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus. Click Start Menu, select Control Panel, and search Folder Option.
Note: PUP.Optional.NetworkUpdate.A virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.