The web browser is messed up by Activeris.net pop-ups? Suffering from rather slow PC performance? Cannot remove this nasty program with the installed antivirus? Read this post and follow professional and effective guide to completely and safely get rid of Activeris.net pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Activeris.net Pop-up Virus:
But you should pay much attention and not click any of those pop-ups which ask you to download programs or updates. Or they could lead you to suspicious web pages that could contain risky PC viruses. What’s more, Activeris.net pop-up virus will eat up a lot of system resources, which results in rather slow PC performance. You may receive error pages when opening desired programs. Even, this pesky program could shut down the network connection randomly to avoid you from downloading security tools. Activeris.net pop-up malware can download files to do instant updates so as to stay as long as possible in the system. All in all, it’s better to remove Activeris.net virus once it appears.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Activeris.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Activeris.net Pop-up Virus:
Activeris.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Activeris.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Activeris.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Activeris.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Activeris.net pop-up virus.