File4.mirror4.net pop-ups mess up Chrome, Firefox or IE? Cannot figure out when and how this malware enters the system? The PC performs much slowly? Keep reading and take step-by-step guide to thoroughly solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of File4.mirror4.net Pop-up Virus:
As a typical browser hijacker, File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus will make modifications to the browser settings. It replaces the original start page with many unknown websites. Meanwhile, when you want to open a desired page or type in the correct domain in the address bar, File4.mirror4.net malware will redirect it to its domains. You could get frustrated about so many error pages or program download requests. However, that is the trick of File4.mirror4.net pop-up malware which is mainly created to promote programs. But meanwhile, you had better not click any button on them, or your machine could catch additional harmful PC parasites such as key-find.com redirect virus. As described above, it’s necessary to remove File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus as soon as possible.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to File4.mirror4.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only replace the default home page, but also change other sites to its domains.
2. It modifies browser settings furtively and will not allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It could shut down the Internet connection to block you from accessing security software related websites.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can add many unknown icons to the desktop to cause great chaos to the system.
Manual Removal Guide of File4.mirror4.net Pop-up Virus:
File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of File4.mirror4.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage