Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus is installed on the system without any approval? The web browser is messed up totally? No worries, this post provides step-by-step guide to help thoroughly remove Jsd.pathjava.net pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Jsd.pathjava.net Pop-up Virus:
Through making modifications to the browser settings, Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up malware takes over the default home page. It installs many unwanted add-ons to the web browser as well. After then, every time you want to open a new tab or desired website, you’ll get Jsd.pathjava.net or similar pages. Those annoying pop-up windows ask you to download programs like video players. But it’s not advised to click any button on them. Or you would be forced to download or pay for malicious programs. All in all, Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus will disrupt your web browsing activities greatly. It’s wise to remove this nasty program as fast as possible.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Jsd.pathjava.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can not only replace the default home page, but also change desired pages to unwanted pop-ups.
2. It can make changes to browser settings and will not allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It could shut down the Internet connection suddenly especially when you want to access security software related web pages.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can add many unknown icons to the desktop so as to cause chaos.
Manual Removal Guide of Jsd.pathjava.net Pop-up Virus:
Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Jsd.pathjava.net pop-up virus.