The web browser is taken over by Start.AndroidNewtab.com virus? Home page is changed to this unknown website? Receive lots of unwanted sponsored search result and pop-up ads? Keep reading this post and follow detailed guides to completely get rid of Start.AndroidNewtab.com virus.
What is Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus?
Start.AndroidNewtab.com is classified as a malicious browser hijacker that causes a lot of redirects and pop-ups constantly. The main purpose of this annoying program is to promote certain web pages and products. Start.AndroidNewtab.com malware can enter your system through junk email attachments, unverified free programs and other computer viruses like Win64/Rovnix.gen!C Trojan virus. Once it enters your workstation successfully, you’ll have to deal with a lot of troubles. For example, Start.AndroidNewtab.com hijacker runs in the background each time you open the machine. It can take up most of the system resources to slow down the whole PC performance. Meanwhile, your network connection could be shut down suddenly especially when you want to access security software related websites.
As a typical browser hijacker like key-find.com redirect virus, Start.AndroidNewtab.com malware will make changes to the browser settings stealthily. Then it sets itself as the default home page and search provider without asking for any approval. But when you try to make searches as before, fake search engine Start.AndroidNewtab.com displays tons of unrelated links in the search results. If you click any of them, additional malicious programs could be downloaded automatically. Or you could be forced to pay for unworthy products. All in all, to protect your computer, we strongly recommend that you remove Start.AndroidNewtab.com redirect virus as soon as possible.
Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus can replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus could keep track of online activities and collect confidential information.
5) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
7) Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus makes the system crash frequently and causes the slow network speed.
How to Remove Start.AndroidNewtab.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Start.AndroidNewtab.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\ Start.AndroidNewtab.com
Note: Start.AndroidNewtab.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.