The web browser is taken over by Download-Player.com pop-ups? Cannot surf the Internet as before? The PC performs much slowly? Read this post and take detailed and fast guide to completely solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of Download-Player.com Pop-up Virus:
Download-Player.com pop-up virus inserts boot-up files as well as many useless files to the system. Then it runs in the background each time the machine is open. In addition, this pest installs many unknown add-ons to the web browser. You’ll get Download-Player.com or similar pages once you open the web browser or new tabs. Those pop-ups state that your video player is out of date and ask you to download a new one. However, any click on buttons could lead you to download or pay for unreal programs. On the other hand, Download-Player.com pop-up malware could slow down the Internet connection. You’ll get error pages randomly. All in all, it is wise to remove Download-Player.com pop-up virus immediately to prevent great troubles.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Download-Player.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It pops up as the default home page and alters other desired pages to random ads.
2. It modifies important browser settings and will not allow you to change them back.
3. It can add some unknown add-ons to the web browser stealthily and secretly.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It aims to promote unreal products like video players to you.
6. It messes up the system with a lot of unfamiliar new desktop icons.
Manual Removal Guide of Download-Player.com Pop-up Virus:
Download-Player.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Download-Player.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Download-Player.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Download-Player.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Download-Player.com pop-up virus.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\ Download-Player.com
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Download-Player.com \DisplayName Download-Player.com