Home page is changed to MyStart.com without any approval? The web browser is messed up? Suffering from lots of sponsored search results and rather slow PC performance? No worries, this post contains step-by-step guide to help thoroughly remove MyStart.com virus and solve related problems.
What is MyStart.com Virus?
MyStart.com is categorized as a stubborn and malicious redirect virus that hijacks all web browsers including Chrome, Firefox and IE. This malware comes into your Operating System along with certain unverified free programs like video players. After then, MyStart.com malware makes changes to the system registry settings without any approval. As a result, it runs at the same time with the Windows. Besides, this pesky program modifies the default browser settings and replaces the original start page as well as your favorite search engine. MyStart.com disguises as a helpful search provider but will only offer tons of sponsored links in the search results. When you click any of them, you would be led to download malicious programs.
Like key-find.com redirect virus, MyStart.com hijacker can monitor your online histories and gather web browsing habits. Then it generates many unwanted ads on the screen to attract you. But you had better not click any of them. In addition, MyStart.com browser hijacker occupies a lot of system resources when running in the background. It will slow down the entire system performance greatly. Your network connection could be shut down randomly. As described above, MyStart.com is not a good thing and should be deleted as fast as possible to prevent great damage and loss. The following post will do you a favor.
MyStart.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) MyStart.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) MyStart.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) MyStart.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) MyStart.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects web browsing information.
5) MyStart.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) MyStart.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove MyStart.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end MyStart.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: MyStart.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.