The system is infected with Nek.makemac.net pop-up virus? Cannot surf the Internet as before? Suffering from much slow PC performance? Read this post and take step-by-step guide to completely remove Nek.makemac.net pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Nek.makemac.net Pop-up Virus:
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Nek.makemac.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It inserts malicious codes to the system registry as well as drops useless files to other system folders.
2. It changes many important system and browser settings without asking for any permission.
3. It installs a lot of unknown add-ons to the web browser and adds unfamiliar links to the favorites.
4. It replaces the default homepage and generates a lot of unwanted and threatened windows to mislead the victim.
5. It would shut down the network connection randomly to block online activities.
6. It can install many new icons to mess up the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Nek.makemac.net Pop-up Virus:
Nek.makemac.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Nek.makemac.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Nek.makemac.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Nek.makemac.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Nek.makemac.net pop-up virus.