The web browser is messed up by Ads2Srv.com pop-ups? Suffering from rather slow PC performance? Cannot remove this nasty program with the installed antivirus? Read this post and follow professional and effective guide to completely and safely solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of Ads2Srv.com Pop-up Virus:
Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus has the ability to modify the browser settings without asking for any approval. After then, it pops up on the screen each time you open the web browser. Meanwhile, similar pages appear when you open new tabs or type in correct domains. All in all, Ads2Srv.com pop-up malware will disrupt your web browsing activities greatly. What’s more, it can drop many useless files to the system folders and install chaotic icons on the desktop. Some unfamiliar add-ons would be installed to the web browser as well. As described above, Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus is not a good thing and should be deleted immediately.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Ads2Srv.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It inserts some boot-up files to the system and adds many useless files to other folders.
2. It changes the default home page and causes a lot of unwanted pop-ups.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It will mess up the desktop with many unknown and misleading icons.
Manual Removal Guide of Ads2Srv.com Pop-up Virus:
Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Ads2Srv.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage